현재 사용 중인 언어로는 이 페이지를 사용할 수 없습니다. Google Translate을 사용하여
자동 번역된 페이지
를 볼 수 있습니다. Renishaw에게는 이 서비스를 제공할 책임이 없으며 번역 결과를 저희가 확인하지도 않았습니다.
추가로 도움이 필요하시면 저희에게 연락해 주십시오.
Additive manufacturing for healthcare
Additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing, is an exciting technology whose benefits are being readily embraced, with real-life medical applications being developed daily.
Metal 3D printing systems for healthcare
Advanced metal additive manufacturing systems can produce products for your customers needs with increased productivity and repeatability.
AM removes traditional constraints
Additive manufacturing (AM) removes many of the constraints seen in more traditional manufacturing methods such as milling, casting, forging or fabrication. This opens up new possibilities for complex geometries and mass customisation of parts, at commercially viable costs, that were previously unfeasible. This enables new features to be built into medical devices that can benefit patient care in orthopaedics, implantology and dentistry.
Benefits of AM for healthcare applications
Compared to traditional manufacturing methods such as milling, casting, forging or fabrication, AM provides new manufacturing benefits.
- Greater design freedom – AM removes many design for manufacture (DfM) constraints, allowing new features to be designed that benefit both patients and surgeons
- Mass personalisation – AM excels at producing customised parts, allowing multiple, custom designs to be produced in one build (batch). This is also known as mass customisation
- Part consolidation – a benefit to medical device manufacturers, helping to reduce production costs. A benefit to surgeons as it can help reduce the number of in-theatre parts and human error
- Flexible manufacturing – multiple sizes or designs can be produced in one build, allowing build layouts to be tuned to meet inventory needs
- Mechanical matching – implants can be designed to better match the mechanical features of the body using lattices and novel structures with the aim of reducing stress-shielding, aiding fixation and bone ingrowth
All brand names and product names used on this website are trade names, service marks, trade marks or registered trade marks of their respective owners.
All products may not be available in all territories, contact your sales representative for further information.